This Moment Determines All

IMG_2596 (1)

Just now, under the frozen earth

the seed awakens.

Its heart begins a faint thump, thump,

and its tiny hands tucked in tight

tremble with a life

ready to burst forth in spring.

So do I, kissed by a warming sun

feel the pulse of new energy beat within.

What do I do with this graced love?

Each moment I decide:

Will I be a weed growing goat-head fruit

that pricks the passerby?

Or am I a poppy with its capacity for bliss

and its glowing orange petals

that make even the horned toad smile?

This moment, this now

determines what sprouts

and grows.

I choose the radiant poppy.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “This Moment Determines All”

1. Teddy Campbell January 20, 2017 at 7:25 am #

OH Lesley,

Magnificent! thank you!

Much love,
    T

• Lesley January 21, 2017 at 10:32 am #

Thank you, Teddy. It’s great to hear from you!

2. Stephani January 20, 2017 at 7:35 am #

Again, a reminder to choose. Choose daily. Choose wisely. Choose the higher viewpoint. Choose Shabda. Choose Garji.

• Lesley January 21, 2017 at 10:32 am #

Beautifully said, as always, Stephani. I will make that my mantra for today. 🙂

3. Rudy January 20, 2017 at 7:53 am #

As a horned toad, I’m smiling broadly.

I love the richness of the message, no ambiguity, no difficult metaphors, just simple poppy-truth — bright, radiant and honest.

I understand that the goat-head is innocent in its approach to life, wanting to attach to anything that will give it attention, but such attachment is met with rejection by anyone who has ever stepped on a goat-head with bare feet or repaired a bicycle tire that came in too close contact with one.

Detachment is something souls must learn from very early incarnations, it seems. May the goat-head souls move quickly toward the kind poppy, whose self-healing properties have delighted millions for millennia.

You chose the perfect opposites in your metaphor! 🙂

• Lesley January 21, 2017 at 10:34 am #

I appreciate your kindness toward the goat-head, Rudy, and the reflection it holds for all of us. Thank you for your lovely elaboration. So inspiring!

4. Debra Kuszewski January 20, 2017 at 7:54 am #

And Glow you do sweetheart!!

• Lesley January 21, 2017 at 10:34 am #

As do you, sweet Debra! Thank you!

5. Kelley January 20, 2017 at 10:16 am #

Sublime and a perfect reminder for all of us.
    How are you dear friend? It has been awhile since we communicated.
    Sending you Big Love❤️
    Kelley

• Lesley January 21, 2017 at 10:36 am #

Sending you love too, Kelley. I’m doing great, much like the poppy seed, with all kinds of new possibilities arising. I would love to catch up sometime soon to see how your life is.

6. Luana January 20, 2017 at 10:30 am #

I feel touch, heard and in ways I cannot express my deepest self! Thank you

• Lesley January 21, 2017 at 10:36 am #

Thank you, Luana, you’re definitely feeling your own loving self.

7. Helen Visarraga January 20, 2017 at 11:58 am #

The glorious imagery, the words, and message so powerfully touched me today as I detach from the inauguration of the world’s illusion today remembering the true president always residing within me governing all the cabinet members at each body with expanding awareness and the invitation to cast my vote for love, again and again. Thank you my friend.

• Rudy January 20, 2017 at 9:14 pm #

Beautifully said, Helen. I feel a poem coming from you as well, my talented friend.

• Lesley January 21, 2017 at 10:43 am #

That is a gorgeous poem, Helen. Keep that one for your files. Thank you for the inspiration!