Sounderella

Clouds Cirrus 2

I always wanted someone

to steal me away

on a grand sailboat

to a tropical isle,

with palms and a turquoise bay,

or in a plane

over lofty peaks

to wildflower meadows

where butterflies play.

I longed to leave my desert

the pain of this anvil heart

the boredom of my heavy-metal playlist,

find a new start.

One day the Beloved arrives

on a white stallion,

His entrance quieting the din.

He scoops me up

behind him on the saddle

and we ride toward home,

inward and yet farther in.

We skirt thunderheads

leap from cirrus to cirrus

and higher yet

into the pure empty blue

where the Music plays silently

a profound melody of freedom

a heart one with the *Hu.

We canter and canter

until He passes the reins

from His palm

to my own

and I realize

this is my horse,

my ride

and I

am home.

*In the mystical teachings, the Divine Presence given form as audible vibration.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “Sounderella”

1. Rudy July 10, 2014 at 8:21 am #

It seems almost unfair how flowing and free your poetry comes to you, one who claims to be a novice at it. The imagery is grand and perfect and the message is both soothing and powerful. And I love the title! Thank you for sharing this jewel.

• Lesley July 10, 2014 at 10:14 am #

Thank you, Rudy. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed this. It was a blessing for me to see that my wish for freedom is already granted, any moment that I choose to partake of it.

2. al July 10, 2014 at 10:17 am #

Wonderful poetry…thank you!

3. Andre July 10, 2014 at 10:22 am #

Today the Flow is “Breathtaking”, His presence is palpable, I Am floating in those clouds.
    Your incredible contemplation helped lift me to an even higher awareness. He shines lovingly through you and I thank you for sharing with us Beloved Soul.

• Lesley July 10, 2014 at 11:13 am #

Andre, thank you for your loving response to this. I was driving along one day and I flashed on a novel I was currently reading, an excellent story by Nevil Shute. The protagonist, a very strong woman who had weathered many hardships including being a prisoner of war, met a man and left her life to live with him in the Australian outback. My mind thought, “Oh, wouldn’t that be something, to leave one’s life in that way.” Immediately I called on the Beloved and was transported to my own paradise right there in my car. What an amazing teaching it was for me. This poem is the result.

4. debra kuszewski July 10, 2014 at 11:25 am #

So beautiful honey! Isn’t it so true how when we surrender these old ideas to the Divine something else is given that is more fulfilling and sustaining……and I agree with Rudy….what a great title……..:)……..Love your love-filled writing and its amazing flow that is You expressed here………<3

5. Ron July 10, 2014 at 11:26 am #

What a great rewrite to an unsupportive story that far too many have trusted as their purpose and path. This frees the white knight and the maiden to accept their own empowerment and connection to universal love.

6. Susan July 10, 2014 at 11:45 am #

The profound journey of Sound / soul…..perfectly stated, lovingly shared….thank you Lesley….<3

7. Liz Whitney July 11, 2014 at 2:36 am #

Breathtaking!!! What a beautiful spiritual exercise. :))))

8. Sandy July 11, 2014 at 3:37 am #

Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem, it conjours up such wonderful images I wish i could paint. Your words are so inspiring and uplifting, and so obviously come from a deply centred place, perhaps one day some one might publish a book of chela’s poetry, what a joy that would be.

9. Jan July 13, 2014 at 2:48 pm #

I can feel the breeze on my face and the reins in my hand, His palpable love coursing through and around me … thank you, Sweet Soul …